Thursday, September 18, 2008

job update from catherine

I had an interview this morning. I guess it went fine. I usually go to interviews hoping I get offered the job before I leave. I know it sounds ridiculous but it worked a few times during my teaching career. I got to Highland Park after over an hour car ride (I'm not sure I can handle this commute) and was greeted by Lou who asked if I was ready for my test. "Huh?" OH, he forgot to tell me I would be taking an EXCEL test. He sat me at a computer with the past 3 years worth of money from donations and then all of the expenses and told me to balance it all... total the columns and then the rows, blah, blah, blah. Oh! and I only had 12 minutes. I actually like excel and do our budget in it so it wasn't foreign to me but having never seen the document before it was a bit of a challenge. Oh well, we'll see how I did. I didn't get offered the job :( but he did ask for references and told me he'd be in touch. I'll let you all know! In the meantime I'm back to being a stay-at-home... ummm, yeah, what do I do?

If anyone wants to check out the rest of Costa Rica pics just go here but just to warn you, there's a lot.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Glad to see an update. Was wondering if it was over. :) I liked the pics and think you got some good shots. favorites include the ones with the helmets and the very artistic close up in the hot tub. :) Hope that something with the job works out!