Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Fellowship

A few months back, I applied for a fellowship that would allow me to keep working at the place I've been volunteering (Legal Aid Bureau) for another two years as a staff attorney. I'd be manning my own project, which I designed, and would be paid a salary, benefits, and even have access to a loan repayment program at the end of my fellowship, which would be huge! This would be a great gig for several reasons -

1) I've wanted to work in public interest since I started law school, and this would allow me to do that;
2) It's really hard to get a job in public interest law, especially in Chicago; and
3) I'd get a significant portion of my loan paid off - which is great because law school has been very expensive!

Yesterday, I found out I got it! I still have to call back and accept it, but what a relief! The program itself is pretty prestigious and it's a blessing to be offered the fellowship.

No comments: